We were so happy to see many of our families at our Bradford Woods & Writing celebration on Monday. Thank you for joining us at Bryan Park for so much fun together.
This week we spent quite a bit of time with our new technology. We set up typing club accounts, worked a lot on FreshGrade, learned all about our new Google Classroom, and took on several independent technology work sessions. Students were quick to generate a list of “dos” and “don’ts” for tech use.
We are wrapping up our first reading unit, which was really building our reading stamina and focus, as well as pushing ourselves into the risk zone as readers. We are excited to move into our first round of book clubs very soon.
Habits have also been an underlying focus of the teaching team this week. We’ve been working with your children to make sure they are ready to go for each workshop, making efficient transitions, and remembering all the materials they need. We did a Multiple Intelligences inventory and will be using this data to make adjustments after Fall Break.
- Conference signups are live – you can find Mr. John’s (hopes) signup here and Ms. Kalei’s (dreams) signup here. Ms. Rebecca will be attending conferences from both lines.
- We are asking for donations of books for our first round of book clubs. If you are able to purchase a book or two for us, or send us a gift card so that we are able to purchase books, please let Ms. Kalei (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
- The snack schedule has been updated on the general info page, and copied below.
Last names Allen-Crouch – 8/14, 9/11, 10/23, 11/27
Last names Daniels-Lawson – 8/21, 9/18, 10/30, 12/4
Last names Leinenbach-Port – 8/28, 9/25, 11/6, 12/11
Last names Pulley-Wright 9/5, 10/2, 11/13, 12/18
Questions to Ask Your Child at Home
- What did you think of the writing feedback your teachers gave you? What are your strengths and goals as a writer?
- How did your first week with the Chromebooks go?
- What connections did you see between the different experiences of hurricanes people have had over the past 10 years?