In Readers Workshop, we started book clubs. The titles that kids are reading are:
- El Deafo
- Aru Shah and the End of Time
- Jake & Lily
- Out of My Mind
- The Jumbies
- Save Me a Seat
Though they will not have extensive writing, we will be using protocols during book club discussions that kids will need to be prepared for. Their assignment is likely to look something like this, and they’ll have time in class to complete it.
Writers Workshop – We’ve finished up our revisions, checklists, and partner feedback. Students spent last week making sure that each kind of elaboration is in each of their pieces. This week we’re moving onto zines!
In Community/P3 we’ve been continuing our study of punk and rules. We are also working on some photo projects to show off who we are. These will hopefully be up in our classroom in the coming week.
We’ll be seeing The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on Sept 21, 2018 Matinee. Please send in $6.50 for your child to attend. No child will be excluded based on an inability to pay and if anyone wants to cover an extra ticket (or portion thereof) – please feel free!
Blue Homework folders haven’t made a reappearance yet. We’ll be sending something hopefully by the end of this week!
- Snacks this week:Parker to Roussos
- Snacks next week: Searcy to Wright
John & Kalei will be sending out conference notifications soon – we are starting conferences in the next week.
Questions to Ask
- How are you feeling about the possible agreements “Be Yourself” and “Consider others” ?
- What are you looking forward to with book clubs? How has your past experience been with them?
- What are you most interested in with creating your zine in Writers Workshop?